RF Energy Exposure Awareness and Control Information
and Operational Instructions for Occupational Use
• DO NOT replace or change accessories in a hazardous atmosphere. Contact sparking may
occur while installing or removing accessories and cause an explosion or fire.
• Turn the radio off before removing or installing a battery or accessory.
• DO NOT disassemble an intrinsically safe product in any way that exposes the internal
circuits of the unit.
• Failure to use an intrinsically safe approved battery or Approved accessories specifically
approved for the radio unit may result in the dangerously unsafe condition of an
unapproved radio combination being used in a hazardous location.
• Unauthorized or incorrect modification of the intrinsically safe approved Product will
negate the approval rating of the product.
• Incorrect repair or relabeling of any intrinsically safe Agency-approved radio could
adversely affect the Approval rating of the unit.
• Use of a radio that is not intrinsically safe in a hazardous atmosphere could result in
serious injury or death.
REPAIRS FOR MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS PRODUCTS WITH INTRINSICALLY SAFE
APPROVAL ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE USER.
Repairs to a Motorola Solutions FM approved radio product should only be done at a
location that has been FM audited under the FM 3605 repairs and service standard.
Contact Motorola Solutions for assistance regarding repairs and service of Motorola
Solutions intrinsically safe equipment.
W A R N I N G