RF Energy Exposure Awareness and Control Information
and Operational Instructions for Occupational Use
Use of Communication Devices While Driving
Always check the laws and regulations on the use of radios in the areas where you drive.
• Give full attention to driving and to the road.
• Use hands-free operation, if available.
• Pull off the road and park before making or answering a call, if driving conditions or regulations so
Exposure to loud noises from any source for extended periods of time may temporarily or permanently
affect your hearing. The louder the radio's volume, the less time is required before your hearing could be
affected. Hearing damage from loud noise is sometimes undetectable at first and can have a cumulative
To protect your hearing:
• Use the lowest volume necessary to do your job.
• Turn up the volume only if you are in noisy surroundings.
• Turn down the volume before adding headset or earpiece.
• Limit the amount of time you use headsets or earpieces at high volume.
• When using the radio without a headset or earpiece, do not place the radio's speaker directly against