Safety and General Information
Persons with pacemakers should:
• ALWAYS keep the radio more than six inches (15 centimeters) from their
pacemaker when the radio is turned ON.
• not carry the radio in the breast pocket.
• use the ear opposite the pacemaker to minimize the potential for
• turn the radio OFF immediately if you have any reason to suspect that
interference is taking place.
Some digital wireless radio may interfere with some hearing aids. In the event of
such interference, you may want to consult your hearing aid manufacturer to
Other Medical Devices
If you use any other personal medical device, consult the manufacturer of your
device to determine if it is adequately shielded from RF energy. Your physician
may be able to assist you in obtaining this information.
Safety and General Use While Driving
Check the laws and regulations on the use of radio in the area where you drive.
Always obey them.
When using your radio while driving, please:
• Give full attention to driving and to the road.
• Use hands-free operation, if available.