Charging Desk Stand (Optional Accessory)
The Charging Desk Stand provides drop-in charging convenience. The Charging
Desk Stand can be placed on any flat surface, such as a desk or workbench. Charge
the NiCd battery overnight (16 hours) before using it for the first time.
1. With the radio OFF, remove the Battery Cover.
2. Insert the battery pack as indicated on the battery-pack label.
3. Replace the Battery Cover.
4. Plug the wire on the AC Power Supply into the plug on the Desk Stand.
5. Plug the AC Power Supply into a standard wall outlet.
6. Slide the radio into one of the Desk Stand charging pockets facing forward. The
red light will glow if the radio is properly inserted.
7. The radio/battery will be fully charged within 14 hours.
You can also charge the battery pack separately from the radio, as follows:
1. Plug the wire on the AC Power Supply into the plug on the Desk Stand.
2. Plug the AC Power Supply into a standard wall outlet.
3. Insert the battery pack into the Desk Stand charging pocket using the charging
pocket insert provided.
4. Make sure that the contacts on the side of the battery pack align with the metal
contacts in the pocket of the Desk Stand. The red light will glow if they have been
5. The radio/battery will be fully charged within 14 hours.