MOTOROLA M68040 USER’S MANUAL 6- 15
6.6 MOTOROLA M68040 BSDL DESCRIPTION (VERSION 2.2)
1. LOCK and LOCKE controlled by io.1 vice io.0 (4D98D).
3. No other changes to Version 2.1 BSDL.
2. Instruction opcodes changed for SAMPLE, SHUTDOWN, and BYPASS.
3. New instructions DRVCTL.T, DRVCTL.S and PRIVATE added.
4. New instructions DRVCTL.T and DRVCTL.S renamed to DRVCTL_T and
DRVCTL_S for syntax compatibility.
5. Register access specified for DRVCTL_T, DRVCTL_S, and PRIVATE instructions.
6. No other changes to Version 1.0 BSDL.
Package Type: 18 x 18 PGA
This BSDL is for the newer MC68040 mask sets of E26A and after (roughly after the
second half of 1992). It does not include the 0.8-µm mask sets D43B, D50D, and D98D.
For MC68LC040 and MC68EC040, two pin names have changed. To make the necessary
modifications, change all occurrences of DLE to JS0 and MDIS to JS1.
entity MC68040 is
generic(PHYSICAL_PIN_MAP:string := "PGA_18x18");
port (TDI: in bit;
TDO: out bit;
TMS: in bit;
TCK: in bit;
TRST: in bit;
RSTO: buffer bit;
IPEND: buffer bit;
CIOUT: out bit;
UPA: out bit_vector(0 to 1);
TT: inout bit_vector(0 to 1);
A: inout bit_vector(0 to 31);
D: inout bit_vector(0 to 31);
LOCKE: out bit;
LOCK: out bit;
R_W: inout bit;
TLN: out bit_vector(0 to 1);
TM: out bit_vector(0 to 2);
SIZ: inout bit_vector(0 to 1);
MI: buffer bit;
BR: buffer bit;
TS: inout bit;
BB: inout bit;
TIP: out bit;
PST: buffer bit_vector(0 to 3);
TA: inout bit;
TEA: in bit;
BG: in bit;
SC: in bit_vector(0 to 1);
TBI: in bit;
AVEC: in bit;
TCI: in bit;