Turning On the Radio
• Turn On/Off/Volume Control knob clockwise. If the
radio successfully powers up, you will hear the Self
Test Pass tone and see the LED light green. If the
radio fails to power up, you will hear the Self Test
Turning Off the Radio
• Turn On/Off/Volume Control knob counter-
clockwise until you hear a click.
Adjusting the Radio Volume
1. Press and hold Volume Set button (preprogrammed
by your dealer) until you hear a continuous tone.
2. Turn On/Off/Volume Control knob to adjust volume
3. Release Volume Set button at desired volume level.
Selecting a Radio Channel
• Turn Channel Selector knob clockwise or counter-
clockwise to reach desired channel.
1. Turn on the radio.
2. Adjust the volume level.
3. Select the radio channel.
1. With radio on, turn Channel Selector knob to
2. Press PTT and speak clearly with mouth about 2.5
to 5 cm (1 to 2 inches) away from microphone.
3. Release PTT when call is completed.
Audio Indicators for Programmable Buttons
Starting or Stopping Scan
1. Press the preprogrammed Scan button to start scan.
The LED indictor blinks green during scan operation.
Or, select a channel that has been preprogrammed
for Auto Scan to start scan.
2. Press the Scan button again to stop scan. Or, select
a channel that has not been preprogrammed for
Auto Scan to stop scan.
Deleting a Nuisance Channel
1. With radio on a Nuisance Channel, press and hold
the preprogrammed Nuisance Delete button until
you hear a tone.
2. Release the Nuisance Delete button.
Scan Start Scan
Power Level†Radio transmits
at high power
at low power
Squelch Radio operates
in tight squelch
NOT use the
Radio uses the
VOX VOX enabled VOX disabled
†Available for 4W and 5W models only.