Getting Started 1 - 9
To replace a SIM card:
1. If the MC67 is in a cradle, remove it before performing a Safe Battery Swap.
2. If the MC67 is in suspend mode, press the red Power button to wake the device.
3. Press the red Power button. The Power Action Key window appears.
4. Tap Safe Battery Swap. The Data Capture LED lights red.
5. When the LED turns off, remove the handstrap.
6. Remove the battery.
7. Lift the rubber access door.
8. Slide SIM card holder door up to unlock.
9. Lift the SIM Card holder door.
10. Remove SIM card from holder.
11. Close SIM card holder door.
12. Slide SIM card holder door down to lock into place.
13. Close the rubber access door.
14. Insert the battery, bottom first, into the battery compartment in the back of the MC67.
15. Press the battery down until the battery release latch snaps (two clicks) into place.
16. Replace the handstrap.
17. Warm boot the MC67. See Resetting the MC67 on page 2-12.
Observe the following battery saving tips:
Leave the MC67 connected to AC power at all times when not in use.
Set the MC67 to turn off after a short period of non-use.
Set the backlight to turn off after a short period of non-use.
Turn off all wireless activities when not in use.
Changing the Power Settings
To set the MC67 to turn off after a short period of non-use:
1. Tap > Setting > System > Power.
2. Tap the Advanced tab.
3. Select the On battery power: Turn off device if not used for check box and select a value from the
4. Select OK.