9 - 2 DS9208 Product Reference Guide
Connecting a Keyboard Wedge Interface
Keyboard Wedge Connection with Y-cable
To connect the Keyboard Wedge interface Y-cable:
1. Turn off the host and unplug the keyboard connector.
2. Attach the modular connector of the Y-cable to the cable interface port on the digital scanner. See Installing the
Interface Cable on page 1-3.
3. Connect the round male DIN host connector of the Y-cable to the keyboard port on the host device.
4. Connect the round female DIN keyboard connector of the Y-cable to the keyboard connector.
5. If needed, attach the optional power supply to the connector in the middle of the Y-cable.
6. Ensure that all connections are secure.
7. Turn on the host system.
8. Select the Keyboard Wedge host type by scanning the appropriate bar code from Keyboard Wedge Host
Types on page 9-4.
9. To modify any other parameter options, scan the appropriate bar codes in this chapter.
Male DIN Connector
Female DIN ConnectorKeyboard Connector
NOTE Interface cables vary depending on configuration. The connectors illustrated in Figure 9-1 are examples
only. The connectors may be different than those illustrated, but the steps to connect the digital scanner
are the same.