Frequently Asked Questions
14197L-005 10/100 Internal Print Server User Guide 11/12/2009
What if a print job makes it to the queue, but never leaves the queue? The label
does not print. These are the things to check:
• Confirm that the printer is turned on and receiving power.
• Confirm that the network cable is plugged in and that you can ping the printer.
• If the previous bullets do not change the outcome, it is likely that there was a
misconfiguration while creating the queue. The queue must be recreated verifying the
• Confirm that you use the print server’s valid IP address.
• If you are using a UNIX or AS/400 host, there is an option for the remote queue name.
There is only one valid response to use: PORTLF1.
• If Windows does not have LPR installed, the above required option should be left
• See the documentation for other operating system specific queue creation.
What are the minimum requirements to network a printer?
• Cat-5 network cable with 10BaseT connectors
• 10/100 Internal PS
•Hub or Switch
• If a hub or switch is NOT used, you need a cross-over cable.
• Workstation running a TCP stack with print services installed.
What is the default User ID and password for the print server?
• The User ID is admin and the password is 1234.
What ports are open on 10/100 Internal PS and related software?
• 80 HTTP Server
• 515 Printer port
• 9100 Raw socket connection
• 161 SNMP broadcast from 10/100 Internal PS
• 162 SNMP trap on ZebraNet Alert
• 4201 discovery destination on 10/100 Internal PS
• (dynamic) SNMP get request from ZebraNet View
• (dynamic) discovery broadcast from ZebraNet View
• (dynamic) discovery broadcast from ZebraNet View Java