ZebraNet Connect IP
14197L-005 10/100 Internal Print Server User Guide 11/12/2009
ZebraNet Connect IP
ZebraNet Connect IP allows you to send jobs to print servers that use Dynamic IP addresses
(DHCP). It also notifies you of printer errors, such as paper out or head open. When
print jobs are printed through ZebraNet Connect IP, they are sent directly to 10/100 Internal PS
and are not routed through a network server, resulting in a reduction of network traffic.
Setting up a ZebraNet Connect IP
If you have printing problems while using the ZebraNet Connect IP printing port, you may
check the status of the port or change its settings through the printer Properties dialog.
• For Windows 95/98, select Port Settings under the Details tab.
• For Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 2000, select Configure Port under the Ports tab.
Windows NT 4.0/Windows 2000
If you are using the Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 2000 operating system, use the following
procedure to set up a printer port for the 10/100 Internal PS.
To set up a printer port for the 10/100 Internal PS, complete these steps:
1. From the task bar, select Start > Settings > Printers.
2. Select the Windows printer to use when printing with the 10/100 Internal PS.
3. From the menu bar, select File > Properties.
4. To add a ZebraNet Connect IP port, in the Ports tab select Add Port.
5. From the list of Available Printer Ports, select ZebraNet Connect Monitor as the type of
port to add, and click New Port.
From the Add ZebraNet Connect Port screen, there is a list of all 10/100 Internal PS
devices available on the local subnet.
• The TCP/IP monitor searches only the local subnet.
Note • The DHCP feature of ZebraNet Connect IP can rediscover a 10/100 Internal PS on the
local subnet, even when its IP address might be changing (for example, when using DHCP for
IP address resolution). The 10/100 Internal PS is relocated by its port name as configured
through ZebraNet View (the default name is Serial Number-Port Number). This feature is
enabled on the local subnet only. A non-local 10/100 Internal PS device is not rediscovered if
the IP address changes.
Note • If ZebraNet Connect IP monitor is not listed, verify that the ZebraNet Connect IP
software has been properly installed. To do this, you need to reinstall the software and