Preventive and Corrective Maintenance
Main Logic Board
13291L-001 Rev. A S4M Maintenance Manual 10/27/05
Install the Electronics Cover
1. See RRP No. 2 on page 124 and install the electronics cover.
2. Reinstall the media and ribbon.
3. Reconnect AC power cord and data cables.
4. Press the up arrow () while turning On (l) the printer.
5. After the Power-On Self Test (POST) is completed, press MENU.
6. Press the right arrow () until DI RECT THERMAL is displayed.
7. What type of S4M printer do you have?
8. Press MENU to exit.
9. Turn off the printer.
10. Press and hold CANCEL while turning On (l) the printer. A configuration label will print
after the Power-On Self Test (POST) is completed.
If you have… Then…
Direct Thermal Press the up or down arrows ( or ) until NO is displayed.
Thermal Transfer Press up or down arrows ( or ) until YES is displayed.