Preventive and Corrective Maintenance
10/27/05 S4M Maintenance Manual 13291L-001 Rev. A
Install the Pinch Roller
1. See Figure 144. Install the new pinch roller in the notches in the pinch roller holder
2. Install the two new bearings on the shaft of the pinch roller, flange facing out, as shown.
3. Install two new E-rings in the grooves on the roller shaft.
4. See Figure 145. If you had to remove the peel assembly, reinstall it using the two screws
previously removed. Ensure the assembly is firmly seated. Apply downward pressure on
the peel assembly as you tighten the two screws.
5. Raise the pinch roller assembly to the closed position. Ensure the pinch roller holder
assembly snaps into position and exerts force on the platen roller.
Figure 145 • Installing the Pinch Roller Assembly
6. Reinstall the media and ribbon.
7. Reconnect the AC power cord and data cables.
8. Turn On (l) the printer.
2Mounting screws (2)
3Mounting holes (2)