Preventive and Corrective Maintenance
10/27/05 S4M Maintenance Manual 13291L-001 Rev. A
Replace the Peel-Off/Tear-Off Bar
1. Remove the two peel-off/tear-off bar mounting screws.
Figure 122 • Remove and Install the Peel-Off/Tear-Off Bar
2. Lift the peel-off/tear-off bar out of the platen housing.
3. Install the new peel-off/tear-off bar into the platen housing. Do not tighten the mounting
screws at this time.
4. Lift the peel-off/tear-off bar up slightly. Push the peel-off/tear-off bar back against the
horizontal mounting bar of the platen housing and then back down until the bumps are
resting on the mounting bar.
5. Tighten the mounting screws while keeping pressure down on the peel-off/tear-off bar.
6. See Figure 121 on page 238. Reinstall the front cover.
7. Reinstall the latch cover.
8. Reinstall the media and ribbon.
9. Reconnect the AC power cord and apply power.
2Peel-off/tear-off bar mounting screws (2)
3Rest the bumps on the housing here
Note • You may find it is easier to insert the left side first.