Preventive and Corrective Maintenance
Ribbon Supply Spindle
10/27/05 S4M Maintenance Manual 13291L-001 Rev. A
Figure 110 • Spindle Installation
7. While holding the remove tool, turn the nut clockwise to draw the ribbon supply spindle
into the printer. Once the spindle is in the printer, turn the spindle nut ½ turn
counterclockwise and remove the screw, nut, and washer.
8. Reinstall the spindle mounting screw and washer previously removed.
9. See Figure 105 on page 217. Reinstall the intermediate gear, ensuring the gears mesh
10. Loosely reinstall the stepper motor using the pivot screw, locking screw, and adjustment
11. While lifting up on the stepper motor, reinstall the drive belt. Release the stepper motor to
provide tension on the belt.
12. Ensure the belt tension is correct and tighten the locking screw to secure the motor.
13. Tighten the pivot screw.
14. See Figure 104 on page 216. Reconnect the stepper motor cable to J9 on the MLB.
Note • The belt should have some deviation, but no more than ¼ inch.