Preventive and Corrective Maintenance
Ribbon Supply Spindle
13291L-001 Rev. A S4M Maintenance Manual 10/27/05
Install the New Ribbon Supply Spindle Assembly
1. See Figure 108. Place a small amount of grease on the tolerance rings of the ribbon supply
Figure 108 • Lubrication
2. See Figure 109. Install the thin washer onto the spindle shaft.
Figure 109 • Install the Thin Washer
3. See Figure 107 on page 219. Slide the remove tool onto the new spindle assembly, then
gently push the ribbon supply spindle assembly into the printer main frame.
4. See Figure 110. Install the tool screw into the spindle shaft until it bottoms out.
5. Slide the washer over the end of the screw until it is against the main frame.
6. Install the nut until it rests against the washer.
2Ribbon supply spindle shaft
Note • In step 3, do not use force or pound on the ribbon supply spindle or the remove
Put grease here.