Preventive and Corrective Maintenance
Ribbon Take-Up Spindle
10/27/05 S4M Maintenance Manual 13291L-001 Rev. A
8. See Figure 103. From the media side, remove the ribbon take-up spindle assembly and
washer by sliding it out of the printer.
Figure 103 • Ribbon Take-Up Spindle Assembly/Disassembly
Install the New Ribbon Take-Up Spindle Assembly
1. See Figure 103 on page 213. Slide the washer removed previously onto the ribbon take-up
spindle assembly shaft.
2. On the media side, slide the ribbon take spindle shaft through the hole in the main frame.
3. On the electronics side, place the washer, gear clutch assembly, plastic thrust washer, and
collar onto the end of the ribbon take-up assembly shaft. Ensure the gear clutch assembly
gear meshes with the other compound gear.
4. Place a 0.020 in. (0.508 mm) feeler gauge between the thrust washer and the collar. From
the media side, push in on the ribbon take-up spindle. Tighten the two screws in the collar
and ensure the ribbon take-up spindle turns freely.
1Collar 5Ribbon take-up
2Thrust washer 6Washer
3S4M clutch gear 7Clearance—0.020 in.