Preventive and Corrective Maintenance
Ribbon Take-Up Spindle
10/27/05 S4M Maintenance Manual 13291L-001 Rev. A
Remove the Old Ribbon Take-up Spindle Assembly
1. See Figure 101. Remove the top mounting screw for the bracket and then loosen the
2. Move the mounting bracket to gain access to the ribbon take-up spindle clutch gear.
Figure 101 • Move the Mounting Bracket
3. Mark the compound gear with a marker so you will know the proper position of the gear.
4. Remove the compound gear mounting screw.
5. Remove the compound gear.
4Mark the outside of the compound gear.