Preventive and Corrective Maintenance
Ribbon Take-Up Spindle Clutch
13291L-001 Rev. A S4M Maintenance Manual 10/27/05
Install the New Clutch Assembly
1. See Figure 97. Slide the clutch gear assembly, bearing, plastic thrust washer, and collar
onto the end of the ribbon take-up spindle assembly shaft. Ensure the clutch assembly gear
meshes with the compound gear.
2. Place a 0.020 in. (0.508 mm) feeler gauge between the thrust washer and the collar. From
the media side, push in on the ribbon take-up spindle. Tighten the two set screws in the
collar and ensure the ribbon take-up spindle turns freely.
Reinstall the Compound Gear
1. See Figure 97 on page 205. Reinstall the compound gear with your mark facing out.
2. See Figure 96 on page 204. Align the mounting bracket with the mounting hole and then
reinstall the top mounting screw.
3. Tighten the bottom mounting screw.
4. Do you have a wireless option card?
Reinstall the MLB
1. See Figure 94 on page 202. Reinstall the MLB.
2. See Figure 93 on page 201. Reconnect all cables to the MLB.
Install the Electronics Cover
1. See RRP No. 2 on page 124 and install the electronics cover.
2. Reinstall media and ribbon.
3. Reconnect AC power cord and data cables.
4. Turn On (l) the printer.
No Continue to Reinstall the MLB.
Yes See Figure 95 on page 203. Reinstall the wireless option board.