Preventive and Corrective Maintenance
Ribbon Take-Up Spindle Clutch
13291L-001 Rev. A S4M Maintenance Manual 10/27/05
Remove the Old Ribbon Take-up Spindle Clutch
1. See Figure 96. Remove the top mounting screw for the bracket and then loosen the bottom
2. Move the mounting bracket to gain access to the ribbon take-up spindle clutch gear.
Figure 96 • Move the Mounting Bracket
3. Mark the compound gear with a marker so you will know the proper position of the gear.
4. Remove the compound gear mounting screw.
5. Remove the compound gear.
4Mark the outside of the compound gear.