Preventive and Corrective Maintenance
Reflective Media Sensor
13291L-001 Rev. A S4M Maintenance Manual 10/27/05
Remove the Electronics Cover
Connect yourself to an antistatic device.
2. Turn Off (O) the printer and disconnect the AC power cord and all data cables.
3. Open the media door and remove media and ribbon.
4. See RRP No. 1 on page 122 and remove the electronics cover.
Remove the Old Media Sensor Assembly
1. See Figure 86. Disconnect the media sensor connector from the MLB (P7).
2. Remove the wires from the protective wrap and then feed the wires with the connector
through the access hole in the frame.
Figure 86 • Media Sensor Connection to MLB
Note • Retain all parts removed during disassembly, unless otherwise directed.
Caution • Observe proper electrostatic safety precautions when handling
static-sensitive components such as circuit boards and printheads.
1Main logic board (MLB)
2MLB connector P7