Preventive and Corrective Maintenance
10/27/05 S4M Maintenance Manual 13291L-001 Rev. A
Install the New Transmissive Sensor
1. See Figure 82. Align the transmissive sensor to the main frame with the guide pin in the
guide pin hole, and the mounting hole lining up with the mounting hole in the main frame.
2. Feed the sensor wires through the proper access hole under the printhead assembly.
3. Run the transmissive sensor wires through the protective wrap and then connect it to the
main logic board (P9).
Reinstall the Stepper Motor and Gear/Pulley
1. See Figure 81 on page 179. Install the stepper motor by sliding the gear/pulley through the
drive belt. Secure in position with the pivot screw, but do not tighten at this time.
2. Reinstall the locking screw and nut, but do not tighten at this time
3. Rotate the motor down until the drive belt is just taut. Tighten the locking screw and then
the pivot screw.
4. Connect the stepper motor power cable to J9 on the MLB.
5. See RRP No. 2 on page 124 and install the electronics cover.
Select the Media Sensor (password Level 2)
You must select the correct Sensor Select setting for your printer application. See Select the
Media Sensor on page 56 to change the setting using the control panel. Refer to the
programming guide for your printer to change the setting using the programming commands.
Note • Belt should deflect under finger pressure but no more than ¼ inch (6 mm).
Note • Changing the Sensor Select setting initiates an auto-calibration.