Preventive and Corrective Maintenance
10/27/05 S4M Maintenance Manual 13291L-001 Rev. A
Remove the Old Transmissive Sensor
Remove the Stepper Motor
1. See RRP No. 1 on page 122 and remove the electronics cover.
Connect yourself to an antistatic device.
3. See Figure 81. Locate the stepper motor and drive belt.
Figure 81 • Locate Drive System Components
4. Disconnect the stepper motor cable from the main logic board (MLB), J9.
5. Remove the locking screw and nut.
6. Remove the pivot screw and then remove the stepper motor.
Caution • Observe proper electrostatic safety precautions when handling
static-sensitive components such as circuit boards and printheads.
1Main logic board (MLB) J9