Preventive and Corrective Maintenance
Printhead Release Latch
10/27/05 S4M Maintenance Manual 13291L-001 Rev. A
5. Is the adjustment acceptable?
6. Loosen the two strike plate screws.
7. See Figure 74. Install the print mechanism adjustment cam on the printer frame with the
screw provided in the kit.
Figure 74 • Print Mechanism Mounting Screws
8. Slightly loosen the three screws that secure the print mechanism assembly to the
9. Use a 4 inch crescent wrench on the print mechanism adjustment cam. While turning the
wrench counterclockwise, push in and pull out the inside gap pin gauge until a small
amount of friction can be felt. Snug the two hex head screws.
10. After aligning the inside gap pin gauge, verify that the outside adjustment is correct.
Double-check both gap pin gauges for equal amount of friction. Tighten the latch strike
11. See Figure 74. Tighten the three printhead mechanism mounting screws when equal
pressure is obtained.
12. Remove the print mechanism adjustment cam by removing the mounting screw.
No Continue with step 6.
Yes Go to step 13.
3Hex head mounting screws (2)
4Phillips head mounting screw