Preventive and Corrective Maintenance
10/27/05 S4M Maintenance Manual 13291L-001 Rev. A
Reinstall the Electronics Cover
1. See RRP No. 2 on page 124 and install the electronics cover.
2. Reinstall the media and ribbon.
Verify the Installation
1. See Figure 60 on page 152. Rotate the two printhead pressure dials to the position 3.
2. Reconnect AC power cord and data cables.
3. See Figure 69. Hold PAUSE and CANCEL while turning On (l) the printer; a Pause and
Cancel Self Test Label will print.
Figure 69 • Pause and Cancel Label
4. Ensure that the black bar is mostly filled in solid and that the bottom line is parallel to the
edge of the label. The black bar can have small voids of white.
5. If further adjustments are needed, repeat step 3 through step 11 starting on page 159.