Preventive and Corrective Maintenance
10/27/05 S4M Maintenance Manual 13291L-001 Rev. A
2. See Figure 67. Using the screw provided in the kit, install the print mechanism adjustment
cam on the printer main frame.
Figure 67 • Install the Adjustment Cam
3. See Figure 66 on page 158. Insert the print mechanism gap pin gauges through the holes
that are provided in the front of the ribbon guide plate.
4. Place a 4 inch crescent wrench on the print mechanism adjustment cam. While turning the
wrench counterclockwise, push in and pull out the inside gap pin gauge until a small
amount of friction can be felt.
5. After aligning the inside pin gauge, use a screwdriver and turn the adjustment screw on
top of the latch plate strike.
6. Push in and pull out the outside gap pin gauge until a small amount of friction can be felt.
Double check both pin gauges for equal amount of friction.
7. Tighten the latch plate strike screws.
8. Tighten the print mechanism mounting screws when equal pressure is obtained.
9. Remove and retain the cam and screw used for adjusting the print mechanism.
Note • The cam should be in contact with print mechanism and only be snug to allow it to
turn with the 4 in. crescent wrench.
1Cam mounting hole