Preventive and Corrective Maintenance
13291L-001 Rev. A S4M Maintenance Manual 10/27/05
Reinstall the Electronics Cover
1. See RRP No. 2 on page 124 and install the electronics cover.
2. See Figure 51 on page 142. Rotate the two printhead pressure dials to position 3.
3. Reconnect AC power cord and data cables.
Verify the Installation
1. See Figure 59. Hold PAUSE and CANCEL while turning On (l) the printer.
A Pause and Cancel Self Test Label will print.
Figure 59 • PAUSE and CANCEL Test Label
2. Ensure that the black bar is mostly filled in solid and that the bottom line is parallel to the
edge of the label. The black bar can have small voids of white.
3. If further adjustments are needed, repeat step 4 through step 12 starting on page 148.
4. Repeat step 1 through step 3 as needed until even resistance is felt.
5. Replace the strike plate cap.
6. See Figure 57. Remove the cam and cam mounting screw.