Preventive and Corrective Maintenance
13291L-001 Rev. A S4M Maintenance Manual 10/27/05
3. See Figure 57. Using the screw provided in the kit, install the print mechanism adjustment
cam on the printer main frame.
Figure 57 • Install the Adjustment Cam
4. See Figure 56 on page 147. Insert the print mechanism gap pin gauges through the holes
that are provided in the front of the ribbon guide plate.
5. Place a 4 inch crescent wrench on the print mechanism adjustment cam. While turning the
wrench counterclockwise, push in and pull out the inside gap pin gauge until a small
amount of friction can be felt.
6. Tighten one of the print mechanism mounting screws.
7. After adjusting the inside pin gauge, use a screwdriver and turn the adjustment screw on
top of the latch plate strike.
8. Push in and pull out the outside gap pin gauge until a small amount of friction can be felt.
9. Tighten the latch plate strike screws.
Note • The cam should be in contact with print mechanism and only be snug to allow it to
turn with the wrench.
1Cam mounting hole
Important • Check both pin gauges for equal amount of friction.