Preventive and Corrective Maintenance
13291L-001 Rev. A S4M Maintenance Manual 10/27/05
Remove the Print Mechanism
Connect yourself to an antistatic device.
2. See RRP No. 1 on page 122 and remove the electronics cover.
3. See Figure 51. Rotate the two printhead pressure dials to the #1 position.
Figure 51 • Locate the Printhead Pressure Dials
4. See Figure 52. Remove any cable ties.
5. Disconnect the printhead data cable from the main logic board (MLB), J3.
6. Remove the printhead data cable from the cable clamps and pull it out from under the
stepper motor and mounting bracket.
7. Disconnect the printhead power cable from the power supply connector.
Caution • Observe proper electrostatic safety precautions when handling
static-sensitive components such as circuit boards and printheads.
1Position number one
2Position number four
4Printhead pressure dials (2)