Preventive and Corrective Maintenance
Printhead Upgrade Option
10/27/05 S4M Maintenance Manual 13291L-001 Rev. A
Reinstall the MLB
1. See Figure 43 on page 135. Reinstall the MLB in the printer using the screws, nut, and
studs and washers previously removed.
2. See Figure 42 on page 134. Reconnect all the cables previously removed from the main
logic board. Visually inspect and ensure the cables are in their proper location and seated
in the connectors.
Reinstall the Electronics Cover
1. Refer to RRP No. 2 on page 124 and install the electronics cover.
2. Reinstall the media and ribbon.
3. Reconnect AC power cord and data cables.
Verify the Installation
1. Press and hold CANCEL while turning On (l) the printer. A configuration label will print
after the Power-On Self Test (POST) is completed.
2. See Figure 49. Verify that the dpi is correct.
Note • A 300 dpi configuration label prints smaller than a 203 dpi label.