Preventive and Corrective Maintenance
Printhead Upgrade Option
13291L-001 Rev. A S4M Maintenance Manual 10/27/05
8. See Figure 47. Turn the pulley around and place it on the platen roller shaft.
Figure 47 • Turn the Compound Pulley Around
9. Install the set screws in the outboard compound pulley. Rotate the compound pulley to
align the set screws with the flat spots on the platen roller shaft.
Figure 48 • Align the Platen Roller Shaft
10. Tighten the two set screws to secure the pulley to the platen roller shaft.
11. See Figure 46 on page 137. Install the new belt supplied in the kit.
12. Loosen the locking screw and nut.
Rotate the motor down until the drive belt is just taut. Tighten the locking screw and then
the pivot screw.
Note • Make sure there is approximately a 0.020 in. (0.5 mm) clearance between the
platen roller pulley and the printer frame.
1Set screws (2)
2Flat spots (2)
Note • The belt should deflect under finger pressure, but no more than ¼ inch (6 mm).
Caution • Do not over tighten the belt or damage to the bearings and platen roller will