Preventive and Corrective Maintenance
10/27/05 S4M Maintenance Manual 13291L-001 Rev. A
3. Open the peel assembly by pivoting the module toward you.
4. Remove any media backing to expose the pinch roller.
5. While manually rotating the pinch roller, clean it thoroughly with the swab from the
Preventive Maintenance Kit (part number 47362) or a solution of 90% Isopropyl alcohol
and 10% deionized water and a cotton swab. Allow the solvent to evaporate.
6. Use the swab to remove excess adhesive from the tear-off/peel-off bar. Allow the solvent
7. Close the printhead assembly and the media door.
The printer is ready to operate.
Important • Apply minimum force when cleaning the tear-off/peel-off bar. Excessive
force can cause the tear-off/peel-off bar to bend, which could have a negative effect on