Kramer Electronics Ltd.
KRT-3 – Introduction
Welcome to Kramer Electronics! Since 1981, Kramer Electronics has been providing a world
of unique, creative, and affordable solutions to the vast range of problems that confront the
video, audio, presentation, and broadcasting professional on a daily basis. In recent years, we
have redesigned and upgraded most of our line, making the best even better!
We recommend that you:
• Unpack the equipment carefully and save the original box and packaging materials for
possible future shipment.
• Review the contents of this user manual.
Go to www.kramerav.com/downloads/KRT-3 to check for up-to-date user manuals,
application programs, and to check if firmware upgrades are available (where appropriate).
Achieving the Best Performance
• Use only good quality connection cables (we recommend Kramer high-performance,
high-resolution cables) to avoid interference, deterioration in signal quality due to poor
matching, and elevated noise levels (often associated with low quality cables).
• Do not secure the cables in tight bundles or roll the slack into tight coils.
• Avoid interference from neighboring electrical appliances that may adversely influence
• Position your Kramer KRT-3 away from moisture, excessive sunlight and dust.
This equipment is to be used only inside a building. It may only be connected to other
equipment that is installed inside a building.
There are no operator serviceable parts inside the unit.
Do not open the unit. High voltages can cause electrical shock! Servicing by
qualified personnel only.
Recycling Kramer Products
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive 2002/96/EC aims to reduce
the amount of WEEE sent for disposal to landfill or incineration by requiring it to be collected
and recycled. To comply with the WEEE Directive, Kramer Electronics has made
arrangements with the European Advanced Recycling Network (EARN) and will cover any
costs of treatment, recycling and recovery of waste Kramer Electronics branded equipment on
arrival at the EARN facility. For details of Kramer’s recycling arrangements in your particular
country go to our recycling pages at www.kramerav.com/support/recycling.