DLP Projector—User’s Manual
— 44 —
Common problems and solutions
These guidelines provide tips to deal with problems you may encounter while using the projector. If
the problem remains unsolved, contact your dealer for assistance.
Often after time spent troubleshooting, the problem is traced to something as simple as a loose con-
nection. Check the following before proceeding to the problem-specific solutions.
• Use some other electrical device to confirm that the electrical outlet is working.
• Ensure the projector is turned on.
• Ensure all connections are securely attached.
• Ensure the attached device is turned on.
• Ensure a connected PC is not in suspending mode.
• Ensure a connected notebook computer is configured for an external display.
(This is usually done by pressing an Fn-key combination on the notebook.)
Tips for Troubleshooting
In each problem-specific section, try the steps in the order suggested. This may help you to solve the
problem more quickly.
Try to pin point the problem and thus avoid replacing non-defective parts.
For example, if you replace batteries and the problem remains, put the original batteries back and go
to the next step.
Keep a record of the steps you take when troubleshooting: The information may be useful when call-
ing for technical support or for passing on to service personnel.