WP-110xl - Capturing the EDID
5 Capturing the EDID
The WP-110x can capture an EDID from a connected display or can load a default
EDID when no display is available or the unit cannot capture the EDID from the
5.1 Capturing the EDID from a Display Device
To capture an EDID from a display:
1. Using a Philips screwdriver, remove the four screws holding the faceplate to
the PCB assembly.
2. Using a short cable (for example, Kramer model number C-MGM/MGM-1),
connect the PC IN input 15-pin HD connector on the WP-110xl to the 15-pin
HD connector of the display and turn the display on.
3. Connect the 12V DC power adapter to the power terminal block (see
Figure 1) on the WP-110xl and connect the adapter to the mains electricity.
4. Press the EDID capture button (item 1 on Figure 5 and Figure 6).
The EDID status LED (item 2 on Figure 5 and Figure 6) flashes slowly
several times. The new EDID is captured when the LED stops flashing and
Note: If the status LED flashes quickly for a few seconds and then stays on
solid, the WP-110xl could not capture the EDID and loaded the default EDID
5. Unplug the power adapter from the mains and disconnect it from the
6. Replace the faceplate and secure the four screws removed in Step 1.