331 32nd Ave, PO Box 5128, Brookings, SD 57006
Phone: 877-605-1113 Fax: 605-697-4444
Tutorial 17: Combining a Single Frame With a Static
Merging Two Frames or Sequences
Combine Frames merges two frames or two sequences together, one on top of the other. The resulting
sequence has the transition properties of the background sequence. This exercise combines a single
frame of text in front of a single frame background image.
This tutorial explains how to:
1. Create a simple text sequence.
2. Import an image.
3. Combine a text sequence with an image.
Upon completion of this tutorial, the sequences will look similar to the examples below:
Creating a Single Frame of Text Sequence
1. Open the Sequence Designer.
2. Click File > New. The Select File window opens. Click the plus sign next to 96x224 or the desired
sign. Double-click the Default folder. Type “Combine Text” in the File Name text box. Click OK.
3. Click the Text tool and type “Happy 4th of July”. Use the Font Codes to format the text. For more
information on font codes, refer to Tutorial 3.
4. Save the sequence.