331 32nd Ave, PO Box 5128, Brookings, SD 57006
Phone: 877-605-1113 Fax: 605-697-4444
Tutorial 15: Importing and Scrolling an Image
Importing an image places it on a frame for later display on a sign. Sometimes an image is too wide
or too tall for a sign. When this happens, import sections of the image that fit on separate frames and
use the scroll transition to seamlessly combine the image. This exercise outlines how to scroll an
image that is too wide for a 96x224 sign. This image is available at www.daktronics.com.
This tutorial explains how to:
1. Import multiple image captures.
2. Edit frame transitions to create the illusion of scrolling.
Upon completion of this tutorial, the sequence will look similar to the example below:
Importing and Scrolling an Image on a Display
1. Open the Sequence Designer.
2. Click File > New. Click the plus sign next to 96x224 or
the desired sign. Double-click the Default folder. Type
“Import 2” in the File Name text box. Click OK. Click the
Import Image button or click File > Import >
Image/AVI… The Open window appears. For this
exercise, import a Daktronics logo.
3. Use the mouse to slide the Capture Rectangle to the left corner of the Preview window, or, in Import
Controls, change the X Pos to 1 and click the Preview window to activate it. Click the check box
next to Drop Image. Click Capture.
Frame 2: Scroll Transition
Frame 1: Scroll Transition