331 32nd Ave, PO Box 5128, Brookings, SD 57006
Phone: 877-605-1113 Fax: 605-697-4444
Tutorial 11: Custom Gradient Transitions
Creating a Custom Transition Based on an Image
There are a number of available transition effects within Frame Properties. The gradient transition
allows users to choose the shape visible when transitioning to the next frame. A number of transitions
are available, but users may create a custom transition if desired.
This tutorial explains how to:
1. Import a black and white image.
2. Export a sequence as a bitmap.
3. Create and use a custom gradient transition.
Creating the Gradient Image
This step imports a frame from a colored AVI, adjusts the settings to convert the frame from colored
to black and white and then exports the frame as an image. This creates a black-and-white image for
the transition. Users may apply a black-and-white effect in any graphics-editing program, such as
1. Open the Sequence Designer.
2. Click File > New. Click the plus sign next to the desired sign; click the Default folder. Type
“US Flag” in the File Name text box. Click OK.
3. Click File > Import > Image/AVI … The Import Image window opens. Navigate to
Default.lib in the V7000 folder. This is a standardized folder on Venus 7000 computers that
contains a number of AVIs. Double-click US Flag.avi. If this AVI is not in the folder, click an
4. Click Color > Grayscale. The image appears in black-
and-white. Adjust the other import control settings as
desired. For more information on importing, see
5. Click Capture, then click Close. Click Yes.