331 32nd Ave, PO Box 5128, Brookings, SD 57006
Phone: 877-605-1113 Fax: 605-697-4444
Tutorial 4: Graphics on a Graphic Frame
Drawing Images on a Sequence
One of the advantages of using a Graphic Frame is drawing images and using the drawing tools
available within the Venus 7000 Sequence Designer. Users may also draw circles, squares, ovals,
This tutorial explains how to:
1. Draw a rectangle.
2. Copy frames.
3. Select and move text.
4. Draw an ellipse.
5. Easily find and change colors within a frame.
6. Apply transition effects to a number of frames.
Upon completion of this tutorial, the sequence will look similar to the examples below:
1. Open the Sequence Designer. Open the Venus 7000 Shell; click Edit. The Sequence Designer
2. Click File > New. Click the plus sign next to 96x224 or next to the desired sign. Double-click the
Default folder. Type “Graphic Frame” in the File Name text box. Click OK.
3. Click the Text tool; click inside the frame and type “Welcome”.
Format the text as desired. Press [Ctrl] + [J], then press [Ctrl] +
[Shift] + [J].
4. Click the Rectangle Draw tool . Three small boxes appear
below the drawing tools; click the Outline option. Go to the
Color Palette; click a color to use for the outline color of the
rectangle. Click and hold the pointer in the upper-left corner of
the frame. Drag the mouse to the lower-right corner and
release. A rectangle appears on the frame.