Creating & Editing Messages
6. After establishing the Field, choose the appropriate font by selecting the Font menu in
the first row of the Data Field Parameters menu.
7. The font color defaults to white. To change the color, select the box Text Color,
located in the second row of the Data Field Parameters menu.
8. Select an Overlay Mode.
a. Block: If placing the data on a colored background, the Block Overlay Mode
displays the text in the color selected, while making the remainder of the
b. Outline: The Outline Overlay Mode creates edges around the text to enable the
message to stand out when displayed. If selected Outline 1, the message will
display with one pixel worth of outlines. If selecting Outline 0, the text will
display without an outline. Daktronics generally recommends using Outline 0
or 1 for the cleanest appearance.
9. Select the device needed to load the appropriate data by selecting the down arrow
10. Choose the appropriate Field Name and enter Sample Text. While entering sample
text is optional, it provides the user the chance to ensure all information will display
Data Frame Parameters
The left side of the Data Frame
Parameters screen lists the
available fonts for data frames.
Refer to Figure 30.
To add a new font for one-time
1. Click the first available
font, such as Font 9.
2. The Font menu opens.
Select the desired True
3. The font appears in the
On the right side of the Data Frame Parameters menu is an Input Template List. These
templates can be created for various real-time data. For example, a user may have a baseball,
basketball and football ITF file. The Input Template List stores the RTD information for the
Figure 30: Data Frame Parameters