331 32nd Ave, PO Box 5128, Brookings, SD 57006
Phone: 877-605-1113 Fax: 605-697-4444
Tutorial 1: Configuring a Display
Entering Settings Associated With a Display
1. Open Venus 7000 Shell and click Configure. The
System Configuration window opens. Click the
Signs tab. If a sign is already configured, it
appears here. Users may edit or delete signs
within this window.
2. Click Add Sign. The Add Sign window opens. For
this exercise, type “96x224” in the Enter new sign’s
name text box. Typically users enter the height and
width of the sign in pixels for the sign name.
3. The Sign Configuration window opens. The Sign
tab is the active tab. Enter the number of Rows
and Columns for the sign. For this exercise, use 96
for the Rows and 224 for the Columns. Rows is the
height of the sign and Columns is the width of
4. Click the drop-down arrow next to Color Technology; click the color technology of the sign. For
this exercise, choose RGB LED 16 Million Shades (DIB).
5. Click the drop-down arrow next to Pixel Technology and choose the pixel technology of the sign.
For this exercise, click LED.
6. Click Create Sign Folder; the Create New Sign Folders window
opens. Click the check box next to Create Palette Folder. In the
Select section, click the check box next to D:\V7000. Click OK.
7. Click the Advanced tab. Change the Enhanced RTD Sign Number
to “1”. The Enhanced RTD Sign Number allows specific
commands to send to the sign. This option is primarily used
when configuring multiple signs or when dividing a sign into
8. Click OK; click OK again. Three V7Shell messages appear,
warning the Sign Service will restart. When the Sign Service
restarts, the sign temporarily blanks. Click Yes on each of the