331 32nd Ave, PO Box 5128, Brookings, SD 57006
Phone: 877-605-1113 Fax: 605-697-4444
Option 2: Combining the Text Sequence with the AVI Sequence
1. Click Frame > Combine > From Other … The Combine Control window opens.
2. Click Background Sequence. Navigate to the Combine 2 AVI sequence and double-click it. If a
V7Edit message appears, click Yes.
3. Click Foreground Sequence. Navigate to the Combine 1 Text sequence and double-click it. If a
V7Edit message appears, click Yes. Three preview windows appear.
4. Select Add/Outline in the Combine Mode.
5. In the Background Frame Movement section, click the radio button next to Advance. In the
Foreground Frame Movement section, click the radio button next to Stay. Select the options to add
the text to a series of background sequence frames.
6. Click the check box next to Allow Repeat to keep the foreground frames in place over a series of
background frames. Use the up arrow to change the Repeat Count to 63. The number 63 is used in
this exercise because there are 63 frames in the background sequence. When combining the
sequences, 63 frames of the background sequence combine with 1 frame of the foreground
7. Click Combine; a 63 is listed under Frames Combined. In the Frame(s) section, frame 63 of the
background is the active frame and frame 1 of the foreground is the active frame.
8. Combine frames 2 and 3 of the foreground sequence with the background. In the Frame(s) section,
click the down arrow next to Background and reset the number to 1. Click the up arrow next to
Foreground to increase the number to 2. The text Michael appears in the preview window. Click
Combine; notice the number under Frames Combined is now 126.