331 32nd Ave, PO Box 5128, Brookings, SD 57006
Phone: 877-605-1113 Fax: 605-697-4444
3. Click Foreground Sequence. Navigate to the Combine 2 Text sequence and double-click it. If a
V7Edit message appears, click Yes.
4. Click the Combine Mode drop-down arrow and select Add/Outline.
5. In the Background Frame Movement section, click the radio button next to Advance. In the
Foreground Frame Movement section, click the radio button next to Stay. These options must be
selected to add the text to the series of background frames.
6. Click the check box next to Allow Repeat to keep the foreground frames in place over a series of
background frames. Change the Repeat Count to 21. 21 is used in this exercise because there are 63
frames in the background sequence and 3 frames in the foreground sequence. When combining
the sequences, 21 background sequence frames merge with 1 foreground frame. The Allow
Repeat number varies, depending on the number of frames in the background and foreground
7. Click Combine; a 21 is now listed in Frames Combined. In the Frames section, frame 23 of the
background is the active frame and frame 1 of the foreground is the active frame.
8. Combine frames 2 and 3 of the foreground sequence with the background. In the Frame(s) section,
click the up arrow next to Foreground and increase the number to 2. The text Michael appears in
the preview window. Click Combine; the number under Frames Combined is now 42.
9. Combine frame 3 of the foreground sequence with the background. In the Frame(s) section, click
the up arrow and increase the number to 3. The text Suzanne appears in the preview window.
Click Combine; the number under Frames Combined is now 63. This number equals the total
number of frames in the background sequence.
10. Click Close > Save to New Seq; the combined sequence is now visible. Name the new file.
11. Click the Preview button; click Stop when finished previewing. Notice the text within the
sequence changes quickly. To combine frames so the text changes more slowly, proceed to
Option 2: Combining a Text Sequence With an AVI Sequence.
12. Save and Close all open sequences.