KRAMER: SIMPLE CREATIVE TECHNOLOGY
Connecting the VM-100C
5.2 Connecting Several VM-100C Units
You can connect several VM-100C units to form an expanded video
component distributor. For example, as Figure 4 illustrates, connect two
VM-100C units to form a 1:20 Video Component Distributor.
To connect several VM-100C units, do the following1:
1. Connect a component video source (for example, a Betacam VCR) to the
RCA INPUT connectors on the first VM-100C unit.
2. Connect the LOOP RCA INPUT connectors on the first VM-100C unit to
the RCA INPUT connectors on the second VM-100C unit.
3. Release the Input Termination button to Hi-Z on the first VM-100C unit,
and push in the Input Termination button to 75Ω on the second VM-100C
4. Connect the component video output connectors2, as follows:
• On the first VM-100C unit, to component video acceptors 1 to 10
• On the second VM-100C unit, to component video acceptors 11 to 20
5. Connect both power cords3 (not illustrated in Figure 4).
Figure 4: Connecting Several VM-100C Units
1 Switch OFF the power on each device before connecting it to a VM-100C unit. After connecting all VM-100C units, switch
on their power and then switch on the power on each device
2 When less than the maximum outputs are required, connect only those outputs that are required, and leave the other outputs
3 We recommend that you use only the power cords that are supplied with these machines