11 First Steps
Inserting the Battery and a Memory Card
■ Compatible Memory Cards
FUJIFILM and SanDisk SD and SDHC memory cards have been approved for
use in the camera. A complete list of approved memory cards is available at
http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/compatibility/. Operation is
not guaranteed with other cards. The camera can not be used with xD-Picture
Cards or MultiMediaCard (MMC) devices.
QQMemory CardsMemory Cards
• Do not turn the camera oﬀ or remove the memory card while the memory card is being formatted
or data are being recorded to or deleted from the card. Failure to observe this precaution
could damage the card.
• Format SD/SDHC memory cards before ﬁ rst use, and be sure to reformat all memory
cards after using them in a computer or other device. For more information on for-
matting memory cards, see “K FORMAT” ( P 69).
• Memory cards are small and can be swallowed; keep out of reach of children. If a
child swallows a memory card, seek medical assistance immediately.
• miniSD or microSD adapters that are larger or smaller than the standard dimensions
of an SD/SDHC memory card may not eject normally; if the card does not eject, take
the camera to an authorized service representative. Do not forcibly remove the card.
• Do not aﬃ x labels to memory cards. Peeling labels can cause camera malfunction.
• Movie recording may be interrupted with some types of SD/SDHC memory card. Use
a G card or better when shooting HD or high-speed movies.
• Formatting a memory card in the camera creates a folder in which pictures are
stored. Do not rename or delete this folder or use a computer or other device to
edit, delete, or rename image ﬁ les. Always use the camera to delete pictures; before
editing or renaming ﬁ les, copy them to a computer and edit or rename the copies,
not the originals.