1. Press .
This starts video recording.
2. Press again to stop video recording.
• The energy saving function will make the screen dim during recording. ( “Setting the display back-
light time” on page 43)
• During video recording, the REC LED on the front lights red.
• If the internal temperature of the rises during use, a warning message will appear and it will
turn off automatically. Wait for the temperature to decrease before using it again.
• By connecting an HDMI-compatible TV or other device, you can monitor the video and audio during
recording. ( “Viewing on an HDMI-compatible TV” on page 30)
• The maximum resolution of HDMI output is 1920×1080 when recording.
• When recording video, connecting or disconnecting an HDMI cable will cause video and audio record-
ing to stop.
When recording for long periods of time with a microSDHC card, recording ﬁles will be split after 4 GB.
When using a microSDXC card, recording will continue in one ﬁle even if the ﬁle size exceeds 4 GB.