Inserting microSD cards
1. Open the battery/card compartment cover.
2. Insert the microSD card into the card slot.
To remove a microSD card, push it further into the slot and then pull it out.
3. Close the battery/card compartment cover.
• Always make certain that the power is off when inserting or removing a microSD card. Inserting or
removing a card while the power is on could result in data loss.
• When inserting a microSD card, be sure to insert the correct end with the top side up as shown.
• After purchasing a new microSD card, always format it using the to maximize performance.
To format a microSD card, see “Formatting microSD cards” on page 53.
• Use a microSD card that is Class 10 or higher.
When recording at 4K resolution, use as microSD card that is UHS Speed Class 3 or higher.