24 More on Photography
Advanced Anti Blur Advanced Anti Blur
When n is displayed, the camera will take a series of exposures and combine them
to form a single image, reducing “noise” (mottling) and blur.
Rn is available when ON is selected in the shooting menu (P 83) and the ash
(P 41) is o or set to auto.
QSome time may be required to combine the exposures into a single image. A
single combined image may not be created if the subject or camera moves dur-
ing shooting. Keep the camera steady during shooting and do not move the
camera until shooting is complete.
QFrame coverage is reduced.
The E Icon
When the shutter button is pressed halfway, the camera chooses the pre-
ferred E mode:
• S (RESOLUTION PRIORITY): Produces crisp, clear shots.
• T (HIGH ISO & LOW NOISE): Reduces noise in pictures taken at high sensitivities.
• U (D-RANGE PRIORITY): Increases the amount of detail visible in highlights.
Select this mode to manually choose from the following E modes:
• S (RESOLUTION PRIORITY): Choose for crisp, clear shots.
• T (HIGH ISO & LOW NOISE): Reduce noise in pictures taken at high sensitivities.
• U (D-RANGE PRIORITY): Increase the amount of detail visible in highlights.
U DYNAMIC RANGE (P 85) can be set to Z (1600%) and Y (800%).