Inserting the Batteries
The camera takes four AA alkaline, lithium, or rechargeable Ni-MH batteries. A set of four alkaline bat-
teries is supplied with the camera. Insert the batteries in the camera as described below.
Open the battery-chamber cover.
Slide the battery-cham-
ber latch in the direction
shown and open the
Be sure the camera is off before opening the bat-
• Do not open the battery-chamber cover when
the camera is on. Failure to observe this pre-
caution could result in damage to image files or
• Do not use excessive force when handling the
Insert the batteries.
Insert the batteries in the
orientation shown by the
“+“ and “–“ marks inside
the battery chamber.
• Insert the batteries in the correct orientation.
• Never use batteries with peel-
ing or damaged casing or mix
old and new batteries, batter-
ies with different charge levels,
or batteries of different types.
Failure to observe these
precautions could result
in the batteries leaking or
• Never use manganese or Ni-Cd batteries.
• The capacity of alkaline batteries varies with the
manufacturer and drops at temperatures below
10 °C/50 °F; Ni-MH batteries are recommended.
• Fingerprints and other soil on the battery termi-
nals can shorten battery life.
Battery casingBattery casing