For Your Safety
Never attempt to change or take apart the camera. (Never open the casing.) Do not use the
camera when it has been dropped or the casing is damaged. This can cause a fire or
electric shock. Contact your FUJIFILM dealer.
Do not change, heat or unduly twist or pull the connection cord and do not place heavy objects
on the connection cord. These actions could damage the cord and cause a fire or
electric shock. If the cord is damaged, contact your FUJIFILM dealer.
Do not place the camera on an unstable surface. This can cause the camera to fall or tip
over and cause injury.
Never attempt to take pictures while in motion. Do not use the camera while you are
walking or driving a vehicle. This can result in you falling down or being
involved in a traffic accident.
Do not touch any metal parts of the camera during a thunderstorm. This can cause an
electric shock due to induced current from the lightning discharge.
Do not use the battery except as specified. Load the battery as shown by the indicator.
Do not heat, change or take apart the battery. Do not drop or subject the battery to impacts. Do
not store the battery with metallic products. Do not use chargers other than the specified
model to charge the battery. Any of these actions can cause the battery to burst or
leak and cause fire or injury as a result.
Use only the battery or AC power adapters specified for use with this camera. Do not use
voltages other than the power supply voltage shown. The use of other power sources
can cause a fire.
If the battery leaks and fluid gets in contact with your eyes, skin or clothing, flush the affected
area with clean water and seek medical attention or call an emergency number right away.
Do not use the charger to charge batteries other than those specified here. The supplied BC-
50 battery charger is for use with FUJIFILM NP-50 rechargeable batteries only.
Using the charger to charge conventional batteries or other types of
rechargeable batteries can cause the battery to leak fluid, overheat or burst.
When carrying the battery, install it in a digital camera or keep it in the hard case. When
storing the battery, keep it in the hard case. When discarding, cover the battery terminals with
insulation tape. Contact with other metallic objects or battery could cause the
battery to ignite or burst.
Keep memory cards out of the reach of small children. Because memory cards are small,
they can be swallowed by children. Be sure to store memory cards out of the
reach of small children. If a child swallows a memory card, seek medical
attention or call an emergency number.
Do not use this camera in locations affected by oil fumes, steam, humidity or dust. This can
cause a fire or electric shock.
Do not leave this camera in places subject to extremely high temperatures. Do not leave the
camera in locations such as a sealed vehicle or in direct sunlight. This can cause
Keep out of the reach of small children. This product could cause injury in the hands
of a child.
Do not place heavy objects on the camera. This can cause the heavy object to tip over
or fall and cause injury.
Do not move the camera while the AC power adapter is still connected. Do not pull on the
connection cord to disconnect the AC power adapter. This can damage the power cord
or cables and cause a fire or electric shock.
Do not use the AC power adapter when the plug is damaged or the plug socket connection is
loose. This could cause a fire or electric shock.
Do not cover or wrap the camera or the AC power adapter in a cloth or blanket. This can
cause heat to build up and distort the casing or cause a fire.
When you are cleaning the camera or you do not plan to use the camera for an extended period,
remove the battery and disconnect and unplug the AC power adapter. Failure to do so can
cause a fire or electric shock.
When charging ends, unplug the charger from the power socket. Leaving the charger
plugged into the power socket can cause a fire.
Using a flash too close to a person’s eyes may temporarily affect the eyesight. Take
particular care when photographing infants and young children.
When an xD-Picture Card is removed, the card could come out of the slot too quickly. Use your
finger to hold it and gently release the card.
Request regular internal testing and cleaning for your camera. Build-up of dust in your
camera can cause a fire or electric shock. Contact your FUJIFILM dealer to
request internal cleaning every two years. Please note that this service is not
free of charge.