Charging the Battery
CCautions: Caring for the Battery
• Do not affix stickers or other objects to the battery. Failure to observe this precaution could make it impossible
to remove the battery from the camera.
• Do not short the battery terminals. The battery could overheat.
• Read the cautions on page v.
• Use only NP-50 batteries. Failure to observe this precaution could result in product malfunction.
• Do not remove the labels from the battery or attempt to split or peel the outer casing.
• The battery gradually loses its charge when not in use. Charge the battery one or two days before use.
• Do not use NP-50 batteries in devices designed for NP-40 batteries. You will not be able to remove the battery
from the device.
CCautions: Using the Battery Charger
• Unplug the charger when it is not in use.
• Remove dirt from the battery terminals with a clean, dry cloth. Failure to observe this precaution could prevent
the battery from charging.
• Charging times increase at low temperatures.
• Use with a UL-certified SPT-2 AWG 18 power cable rated for 300V/10A with a molded non-polarized parallel-
bladed NEMA 1-15 plug rated for 125V/7A. The cable should be no less than 1.2m (4ft.) and no more than 3m
(10ft.) in length.